Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week One

It's almost in the books, just have to finish Kenpo X tonight and I'll have completed my first week. All in all, I think it went great. Have I been sore? Oh yeah. Have I been able to do all of the exercises? Definitely not. Have I pushed through and given it my all? Yep. Do I hate doing ab work? Most definitely.

What I really like about this program is that I don't have to think up the workouts. I like just having to follow along and not plan it out before I get started. My elliptical and weight routines that I'd cobbled together were getting a bit dull and it's nice to have a new set of things to work on. A set that forces me to workout the muscles I don't always love to work on, because let's be honest, if someone isn't telling me I have to do these lunges and squats, and work my abs, I'm most likely to skip 'em.

Hopping on the elliptical and rocking out to my tunes? Love it. Working my arms? Love it. Forcing myself to do leg work? Not so good at making myself do it. Working out my abs? Pretty much non-existent. When I first started working out with Erin two years ago I really, really didn't like working on my arms. I'd much prefer to work my legs because they were the stronger of the two. But as time has gone on, I'd much rather kill my arms than focus on doing any leg workouts besides running, ellipticaling or cross country skiing. This program is making me work them again outside of what I've been used to, and I love it. Sure I'm sore, but it's a good sore. The same is going for my abs. They've long been my weak point in my workouts. They were my least favorite thing to work when I'd train with Erin, and the same holds true when Tony is kicking my booty. I feel like I'm just flopping around attempting to do all the crazy ab moves he wants me to do, but I'm not as sore after each time now. So I've got to think that I'm making at least a bit of progress. And who knows, maybe in time I'll love working them too? For now I'm just going to enjoy the ride, feel the burn, and hang in there for another week.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad the first week went great! I'm curious what are your favorite 'tonyisms.' Some of the things that come out of his mouth crack me up.